Friday, June 10, 2011

new projects started

the finished size ready for sewing together
Yes I know that I should be finishing stuff. But I was trolling through various peoples blogs on my favourite list. Looking at their favourites etc. One person had a tutorial on using left over scraps to make scrappy triangles. It was only 3 inch in size and strips were only about 1/2 inch wide. Way too much work. Plus it was paper foundation. So I decided to do 4 1/2 inch triangles with no fixed form. No template, just sew left over bits into a triangle, rectangle size and then use my triangle ruler to cut them out. Very quick and satisfying. The tip of the triangle uses such a small amount of fabric that you really do use left over trimmings. At the same time I started doing 12 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch strings for what????? but they look great. I am imagining them with grey.
this is the strips sewn together. no ironing until cutting out the shape
This is the finished strings. Looking glorious. Again just using bits and pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....