Friday, September 14, 2012

A great sewing night

Kylie doing her bunting
Sheryl working on the Petal quilt



















Well last night was our first get together in ages. Since the last school holidays winter has gotten on top of us and for many reasons we had not had a sewing get together for about 2 months. We have all been distracted by things, most of us had sick children at various times, Sheryl and Kylie are battling still to get consents with councils etc to start building their homes, husbands have traveled and the dark depths of winter hit us all.

But here we are - Spring has sprung (thought NOT appreciating the frosts we are now having), it is a bit lighter at night for longer and the sewing love popped it's head up.

Steff contemplating her layout

Paula's gorgeous split nine patch
It was fantastic to see what everyone is working on. Sheryl was doing an amazing petal cushion from a pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew. Paula is doing the split nine patch. Steff is finishing her double hour glass quilt and Kylie was getting on with bunting. Oh I love evenings together, it has reinvigorated me and I want to get all my half done projects finished!!!

These are the parties I link to.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun Karen, so what were you working on? Spring certainly gives us all a burst of energy and motivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still working on my eco quilt. hmmm. pictures later

      Delete
  2. You know I have a sewing machine in my basement and I have no idea how to use it! LOL I know....I should get a lesson. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do get lessons. My MIL hates sewing but is really hooked into quilting and this is the first one!!

      Delete
  3. Wow you have me wanting to get a sewing machine and get my Sunshine on and make something lol! I am just not that crafty though lol! Thanks for linking up! Looks like a fun party and really cute quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you linked to Really Random! Looks like a great evening. Sewing and friends--the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining in JaM again this week Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilts and a fun time together. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....