Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gorgeous simple raspberry jam

Well inspite of all the Mayhem going on around here, some things just don't stop. The major thing that you cannot halt unless you are God is the garden growing. I have cauliflowers being prolific, strawberries and raspberries almost falling off their plants. And today I think we are going to have to have a good pick of the blackcurrants.

Anyway this week as you know I have had no stove, no washing machine, no kitchen at times while the floor is drying but I had raspberries. Now this could have all been a step too far, I fluctuated between making jam and putting the raspberries in the freezer. So I decided to make it- at least it would not be a job I had to do later.

put bottles in boiling water to sterilise
Weigh your raspberries

Put raspberries in pot and put in the same weight in sugar. Warm at low temperature until the sugar is dissolved.  Bring to the boil and as soon as it is a rolling boil let boil for 4 minutes, Stir as this occurs. Add zest and juice of 1 lemon. Turn off heat and stir every minute for 15 minutes (this keeps the raspberries evenly distributed around the jar). Put into jars and seal well. EAT

I boiled water and put all the jars and lids into the boiling water to sterilise them. Normally I would just put them all in the oven. Then I used my camp stove to make the jam. I used my recipe (and have realised that I have not blogged it before.) It is all bottled, finished and washed up only 20 minutes later, so I was really pleased that I did it.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a great simple recipe Karen. I love how you just get in and do it on the camp stove. Merry Christmas Karen to you and your family and thanks so much for linking up each week at Thriving on Thursdays.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....