Thursday, November 7, 2013

Sleigh Bells are ringing

home made Christmas gift
Just confectionery with a flower hair tie
So last night I finished the fabric flowers I had been making. I went out to morning tea with a friend and bought some hair ties and clips and hot glued them onto these. Then I have used them as the final flourish for these Christmas sleighs.
The finish hair accessories
So last night was production line with the hot glue gun. I now have all the "under $5" presents I need for all those Christmas do's that we ladies go to. And a few for some children who I like to give a wee something to. The boys might make some as a teachers present at the end of the year.
 
The great thing was that when I went to the supermarket yesterday (countdown) they had the kit kat bars for only $1 each on special and the other chocolate bars were 5 for $4.
 
This is not my idea but something that was linked to me on facebook - I have tried to get back to the original owner of the post but cannot find it. They just stacked piles of chocolate up.
 

For the boys for Christmas I am going to do some that have a lego minifigure on top.

I link to these places

12 comments:

  1. So cute and clever! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's so cute- I love the Lego minifigure idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea. Feel free to link in to we recommend too if you want to, it's a lovely gift idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm noms! love the chocolate sleighs! I'm sure the recipients will do too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi , I love these little sleighs you made! So creative of you! I am now following you on Bloglovin and would love it if you followed me too. We could become blog friends. Take care, Julie at julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little sleighs are a great idea. The fabric flowers look so neat. Not sure mine would turn out that good. Thanks for commenting on my glass appliqué blog. Fused glass is a great hobby. ( the message in my email was a no-reply blogger so I popped in here through your comment)
    http://valspierssews.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val for going to the trouble to find me and comment. I know I am a no reply blogger, sorry if that was a hassle. Cheers Karen

      Delete
  7. Thank you for joining me on my blog and for your comment. These sleighs are really funny, but I
    don't know if I can find these sweet runners in the middle of Europe. I've never seen candy canes in Vienna.
    Maybe they have, I don't look for them generally, because I have no grandchildren.
    Best wishes from Austria to Australia Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute. I made the candy trains one year and they went over well. Will pin this idea so I don't forget. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....