Sunday, August 7, 2016

A finished boys quilt

This quilt is finally bound and finished. I put it off as I just could not find a binding I was happy with in my stash. In the end I decided it didn't matter as whoever is the recipient of the quilt will love it for being theirs, not for the binding I do. Slowly getting my charity quilts done for Hope Homes International. There are now four waiting to send and I pinned out another one last night.
The quilting on the back
All ready for a boy
It has sat on the floor of my sewing area for about three weeks. I am finding it a bit difficult to get things done these days as so procrastination is at the fore.

But next weekend I am off to my yearly five day quilting retreat. This is my time every year. I have now been going for 13 years!!! So not much sewing this week but a pile of decision making. What to take is always a problem. I get there and have to have a huge variety of projects otherwise I find I am not inspired.
High Tea with Anna
A lot of birthday activity happened in our house. Eli and my birthdays are only four days apart. 

Linking up to Crazy Mum Quilts and others here.
Jakob and me at my birthday dinner
Aaron trying on glasses to see if he is good looking

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt is wonderful, I love the fabric and the cheerful colors. I know that it will be a favorite. I'm in the middle of making one for a girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt finish. Happy Birthday retreating to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous quilt Karen. The quilting is amazing. You look absolutely amazing too I must say. Wishing you a very happy birthday and enjoy your 5 day crafting retreat. I went on a 3 day retreat back in June and I loved it. Just not enough time to do all that I wanted to do. I can't wait for the next one. It's always lovely to see you at Thriving on Thursdays Karen and to keep in touch after all these years. I'm featuring your post at tomorrow's party. Have a great time!

    Anne @ Domesblissity xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....