Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Great family camping

In spite of a terrible weather forecast  we decided to head out camping for the long weekend. A bit of a post operation melt down from me meant that we did not go until Friday morning.
The weather was as predicted. Totally wet wet wet. But we had a great time relaxing, reading and I did some stitching. On Saturday night it was clear enough for a fire to toast marshmallows and do baked potatoes on the fire. So a glass of gorgeous port and my wet sock removed. I was toasty and warm on the inside and out! 
We had a visit from my brother and sister-in-law and kids. They got soaked but had a good time. We were not to know that a day later they would be staying with us again due to another massive series of earthquakes with a tsunami, which meant they were evacuated from their home yet again. Love having them but it is under such awful circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....