Sunday, November 13, 2016

Recycling - now funky Christmas decoration for my craft room

 When I went to my quilting retreat I knew I would need a couple of little projects to do when tired. I took all my old thread spools and my bag of scraps. I should have taken a glue gun as that would have been quick and easy, but I did not so I stitched the material onto the spools.
I think I saw this idea either on Crazy Mum Quilts or Cluck Cluck Sew, but as I can't seem to trace it I cannot accurately credit the idea. 
So now it is above the window over my sewing machine, decorating the craft / computer room. 
I love that it is using something normally thrown out. The first Christmassy (and to be honest it will probably be permanently up there) thing in the house.
Linking to these places and Crazy Mum Quilts.


2 comments:

  1. Too cute. I save my spools every year to see how much thread I've gone through in a year. Honestly, though, I doubt if I would make something like this. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I agree! I must live with my head under a rock, though, since I've never seen this. How cute would that be as garland on a Christmas tree? It's a must, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....