Thursday, November 10, 2016

Refashion - summer hat from linen shirt

This hat pattern I have made before out of natural linen and I wear it all the time. I had a black linen shirt and knew I wanted a black hat with polka dots. It was actually quite tricky getting enough material for a hat, due to curves, from the shirt - but I did it. I do think I am going to have to put a thin red ribbon around the seam between the crown and brim just to spark it to life a bit.

I was taking new photos as I just could not get the photo of me edited right. Eli saw me and volunteered to model. Although the linen was black someone said to me "you have made a green hat". Sure enough in direct light it has a greenish tinge somehow, I am a bit gutted by that.

Really pleased with the hat. This is now my third one and I have adjusted the original pattern so much that I almost feel I can call it my own.

Linking to these places and Crazy Mum Quilts.


2 comments:

  1. Your hat is very stylish--love that you re-purposed a shirt to make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hat looks great, Karen, and made from a shirt, even better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....